Halloween Goodies Are Coming Soon

Thanks to those of you who left comments on the Eclectic Grooves 2nd year anniversary! Most of you have probably noticed that I have been a lot more active on here lately. I realize that I have been neglecting the blog, but I am back in full force again with a lot of great ideas for future posts. Recently, I have noticed a spike in the popularity of the Chubby Checker- New Revelation/Chequered post from Jan 2008. So, I made sure that the link is still active for this post, and the last two year's Halloween posts. I have a Halloween podcast coming up next week sometime, and a couple Halloween rarities that will hopefully add something to your ghoulish gatherings this year.

In other news, Capillary Action are playing tonight at the Someday Lounge in Portland, OR at 9:00 PM. I believe that the cover is only $5, so there aren't many excuses not to go. For those of you who say, "Who the hell is Capillary Action, Kev" I say to you, "Please check this link for a review of their latest album, and to listen to a couple tracks". My clift-notes review for the readers with short attention spans is just below:

Capillary Action take the listener on a wildly imaginative ride through the depths of the human psyche by fusing elements of tropicalia, thrash, fusion, free-jazz, and math-rock into a cohesive listening experience.

I hope at least one person comes to the show because they heard it here on Eclectic Grooves. Oh, and if you like what I do here, please add me to your links or tell your friends about the blog, as well as the I Hear a New World podcast. I am happy to take requests on things that you would like to see played on the podcast. Please send your comments, requests and mp3's to ihearanewworld@podOmatic.com. I look forward to hearing from more of you on this, as I am trying to make this more of an interactive experience. Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS