Stirring Up a Heady Brew





















I'm back after an unexpected hiatus due to getting over a cold and searching for a new job. Thanks to everyone who downloaded the film noir mix, and especially to those who left comments. I have been listening to so much music in the past couple weeks that I feel as if I will implode if I don't share some of it with the rest of you.


Now on to the Eclectic Mix that I have brewing in my mind today. Stir in a little African groove with Japanese instrumental surf rock. Mix in a little Turkish psychedelic fuzz rock groove and add equal parts sublime free jazz. Finally, toss in a dash of apocalyptic instrumental rock and top it off with a whirling dervish of space-age bachelor pop. The result is an easily digestible musical stew that will surely delight your pallet. Enjoy!


Tracklist


1) The Antarcticans- The 2000 Year Clearing of All Peace- 7:25
2) Sharp Five- Sakura Sakura- 3:21
3) Ric Colbeck Quartet- Subdued- 6:20
4) Erkin Koray- Cemalim- 7:43
5) Ne Zhdali- Hungarian Young Years- 3:51
6) Tsehaytu Beraki-Mejemeria Fegri- 4:53
7) Ed Askew- Mr. Dream- 4:42
8) Blues Control- Blues Control- 2:41
9) The Moving Sidewalks- 99th Floor- 2:17
10) The Three Suns- Vagabond King Waltz- 3:30
11) Orchestra Baobab- Lat Dior- 7:35
12) The Electric Tomorrow- The Electric Tomorrow- 2:45

Total- 57:07
Link in Comments

I also wanted to let you know that I have updated the links with some fantastic blogs including Cosmo's new blog A Pyrex Scholar ( library, funk, prog), Bonobos Hump to Music ( Loads of post-punk, noise and indie, beulah land (amazing assortment of old and new gems), Blog Do Nirso (treasure trove of rare nuggets such as Sir Joe Quarterman and Free Soul), and No Longer Forgotten Music( in the same vein as Mutant Sounds-lots of electronic, new wave, no-wave and extremely rare punk 7"s). For those of you that were digging the afro-beat psychedelia of Chrissy Zebby Tembo and Monomono, please check out Matsuli Music, With Comb and Razor and Voodoo Funk for many more gems. I haven't had time to add the following blogs to my links yet, but they are definitely worth checking out: Dualtrack (Avant Garde, Classical and Obscure rarities), Easily Slip Into Another World (Free Jazz), and A Great Work of Fiction (Free Jazz, Avant Garde and Noise). This is just a small smattering of the music blogs I've been digging lately. I will post the links to new ones as I become aware of them.


Lastly, the great Swami Hermitus Solus has left the building! I hope that he continues to do something else that fulfills his life as much as running his blog did. Peace to you Swami, and thanks for all the great free jazz that you shared over the last year. If there's anyone who knows why Swami decided to call it a day, maybe you could enlighten the rest of us. Until next time...

Comments

Kevin said…
Eclectic Mix- Stirring Up a Heady Brew

http://www.zshare.net/download/502649273cd610/
Cellar said…
awesome, these are as seperate tracks right?
Kevin said…
Theo,

Haven't heard from you in awhile. The mix is one zip file- not separate tracks. Hope you still download it and check it out.

Take care!
Lt. Blount said…
That fish stew looks tasty
Cellar said…
looks amazing, grabbing it now.
thanks for all your work
makuma said…
Yeah, I still miss swami. I think he said he was resuming his studies.. He will be back I hope. Maybe during the summer. Yesterday at El Reza I've posted one of swami's contributions, The Descendants of Mike and Phoebe for Prestige.

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS