Sonic Bootleg














First, I have been retooling the blog to be easier on the eyes, so let me know what you think. Yesterday I couldn't publish this post due to Blogger having issues again. This service has really been pissing me off lately, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Second, I really would appreciate it if you guys would leave a comment, instead of doing the download-and-run routine. I spend a lot of time making this a blog that everyone will hopefully enjoy and appreciate, and all I ask for in return is a little bit of feedback. Tell me what you like, what you don't like, what you think would make it better, etc.

Well enough of that, let's get onto the music.

About 4 years ago, I waited in line for an hour-and-a-half to see one of my favorite indie-rock bands play an in-store at Music Millennium. They were touring in support of their new album called Murray Street for approximately 350 ecastatic hardcore fans frothing at the mouth. The band did not disappoint at all, despite playing strictly from Murray Street. I won't give you a play-by-play on this one, because my memory is a little fuzzy and I'm tired as hell. However, I had the luxury of recording the show on minidisc, and I have to say it's one of my better sounding shows.

The first five songs in the zip file are from the Music Millennium show on 8-29-02 and the rest are from the first half of the Crystal Ballroom show on 8-30-02. I have included the setlists from both shows and the cd cover in the Zip file. I will be uploading part 2 of this show within the next couple days. So give it a listen, and let me know what you think.

Comments

Satisfied '75 said…
i have this...great stuff.
ate2zee said…
I'm really looking forward to hearing this. Thanks for the music and for your comments. You do sound tired, & although I don't know why all you're tired--it must be tiresome for you to create a website like Eclectic Grooves which is a thing of great beauty that means alot to alot of people, & then see it get messed up by the powers that be for no good reason. And is there an end in sight to this kind of chaos?? We hope. Please know that you're efforts are appreciated. Now I'll try to prove I'm not a robot.

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS