Songs of Appreciation

Well.. The past few weeks have been difficult for me, as I've been in and out of urgent care twice, and put on two different types of antibiotics all within the same week. I'm still not sure if the infection is getting any better, but I have to keep the faith. I have still been thinking about posting on the blog, but the level of discomfort has kept me from doing this until today.

Life is a strange thing. One day you have a job and steady money coming in, and the next one you find yourself looking for work and heading to the doctor with a serious infection that needs immediate attention. Whenever I experience something like this, I think of other people who have to deal with pain on a regular basis, and I thank my lucky stars that I have generally been in great health throughout my life. My friends, girlfriend and family have been extremely supportive of me over the past few weeks, and I am eternally grateful that they are a part of my life. This post goes out to all of those people who are dealing with pain and discomfort in their lives. I hope these songs bring a smile to your face and a spring in your step.

Also, thanks to all of you who have visited Eclectic Grooves over the past two years. Your thoughtful comments and suggestions have definitely made a positive impact on my life.

Here is a little mix of songs that express the gratitude and appreciation that I am feeling right now. Enjoy!

Beastie Boys- Gratitude
From: Check Your Head [Capitol Records, 1992]

Led Zeppelin- Thank You
From: Led Zeppelin II [Atlantic, 1969]

Sly and the Family Stone- Thankful N' Thoughtful
From: Fresh [Epic, 1973]


Eugene Blacknell- I'm So Thankful
From: We Can't Take Life For Granted [Luv N' Haight, 2007]

Big Star- Thank You Friends
From: Third/Sister Lovers [Ardent, 1975]


Got to Be Thankful zip

Comments

archer said…
just discovered you recently by way of reference to your much appreciated live ornette share.

good to know that you seem to have lots of loving support in this time of challenge. hang tough and god speed.
Anonymous said…
Kevin, so sorry to hear about your illness. Hope all is well and make sure to get some needed rest.
Anonymous said…
Damn dude. Sorry, get well soon man!
Anonymous said…
Damn dude. Sorry, get well soon man!
Anonymous said…
Bummer man, i hope you're feeling better.

I really dig your site; thanks again for the tunes :)
Anonymous said…
Bummer man, i hope you're feeling better.

I really dig your site; thanks again for the tunes :)
Anonymous said…
You could not have picked a better song to get well to than Sly's "Thankful N Thoughtful." I write about this song and more in my book, Sly: the Lives of Sylvester Stewart and Sly Stone. I hope you're doing better.
Grrrrshon said…
Signal to Noise wishes you good health and good luck! Hang in there!
E.B. said…
Great songs! Good post!

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS