All Hallows Eve



















The 2014 Halloween edition of the I Hear a New World Podcast is available to listen to here, and to listen/download at http://ihearanewworld.podomatic.com.

Every year around the first of October, I start compiling another batch of songs for the Halloween podcast. After scouring through a massive folder filled with tracks that barely missed the cut from previous mixes, I completed the final track sequencing a couple days ago. While I was in the process of adding the tracks into Audacity today, it crashed right before I was about to add the last song. Damn computers!  I had been working on this for over 2 hours, and had lost my entire project.  While I felt like throwing in the towel, I powered through and recreated the entire mix in Audacity, though this time I saved my changes every time I added a track. I guess this is all part of the creative process, but it certainly threw a monkey-wrench in my day.

Those of you who recall my mix from last year, will be glad to know that this year's mix is almost as creepy as that one. While I have thrown in a few novelty songs to balance out the flow, I still wouldn't encourage you to listen to this mix with the lights off.

Please listen responsibly, and remember to pay close attention to the danger lurking just around the corner. Oh, and let me know what you think of the mix by leaving a comment.

Until next time...

All Hallows Eve Mix

1) Delia Derbyshire and Brian Hodgson- Drive to the House
2) The Poetics- Wylde Child
3) Thee Cormans- Spider and the Fly
4) Horsebladder- Pioneer
5) Umberto- Black Candles
6) Kid Congo & the Pink Monkey Birds- Haunted Head
7) The Fresh & Onlys- Invisible Forces
8) Chrome- Night of the Earth
9) Louise Huebner- The Self Fascination Ritual for Increased Power
10) Mica Levi- Lips to Void
11) Propergol- Hand in the Furnace
12) The Abstracts- Nightmare
13) The Mad Daddy- Werewolf Poem
14) Gary Warren- Werewolf
15) Bernard Fevre- Monster Laboratory
16) Frank Reidy and Eric Allen- Cobwebs
17) SPK- Genetic Transmission
18) Graveyard 5- The Marble Orchard
19) Beat Happening- Gravedigger Blues
20) Sharkey Todd & His Monsters- The Cool Ghoul
21) The Replacements- Willpower
22) Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts II-15
23) Coil- Something
24) Magik Markers- Circle
25) Delia Derbyshire and Brian Hodgson- Outside the House

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS