On the Horizon

















Before I let the month of September slip through my fingers, I wanted to let you all know about that projects that I will be working on in the near future. Some of these, I hope to complete in the next several weeks, while others may take a bit longer to come to fruition. First, back in 2011, I had started compiling a mix of songs to listen to while driving through the desert at night. It was tentatively titled Desert Mariachi Swing Mix, but was shelved for the past three years. Truth be told, my perfectionism stepped in the way of progress, rearing its ugly head once again. Damn you, perfectionism!

Another post that has yet to be completed is one that has also been on the back burner for awhile called "The Evolution of Hip-Hop" where I plan on exploring the true pioneers of the rap game such as The Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Afrika Bambaata, etc. This will likely be a multiple-part series that touches on the highlights of hip-hop in relationship to how each song or album directly impacted my life. Next, is a potentially large-scale project focused on the music that played a significant part in shaping the culture in Portland such as Paul Revere and the Raiders, Ural Thomas, Dead Moon, The Wipers, Heatmiser, etc.

If this wasn't enough to get you excited, I also plan on reintroducing a couple of the series that have featured on here in the past called Rediscovery of Lost Gems and Concerts From the Vault. Additionally, a couple new features are in the works, one that will feature a series of posts on my favorite guitarists, and another that will focus solely on females who have positively impacted the world of music over the past century.

Finally, I have started working on compiling a new Halloween mix for 2014, so keep your eyes and ears peeled for another genuinely scary batch of tunes. 

These are going to be exciting times at Eclectic Grooves so I hope you guys keep your ears to the ground and check back regularly.

Today, I'm going to leave you with a link to a song by AFRO called Definition of a Flow as well as a YouTube clip of him freestyling over a DJ Premier beat. I'm sure you will agree that this kid has the skills to pay the bills.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Hallows Eve 2007

General Comments

MF DOOM: Spell his name with ALL CAPS